Started Dec 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jed Z. Buchwald
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Like?
XE-1 and 18-55mm OOC JPG
Dec 6, 2012

I bought an X-E1 with the 18-55mm lens, mostly to get the lens since I have the wonderful x-Pro1. But I decided to keep the E1 as well, and decided also to sell my 18mm and 60mm X since I hate changing lenses (but have kept the magnificent 35mm). I'll buy the 55-200mm when it is available to complement the 18-55 and probably travel with those two lenses, each on one of the X cameras. That will still weigh a good deal less than the Sony A900 with two lenses that I used to carry. Yesterday I had a chance to use the E1 and 18--55 in a nature preserve near here (Pasadena California), and tried out the JPG BW setting. The lens is really something, and I think the OOC jpgs in BW come out nicely (loaded into Lightroom, a bit of cropping only on the third image but nothing else, and the jpg setting in camera was standard but with sharpening +1).

Jed Z. Buchwald's gear list:Jed Z. Buchwald's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow