My camera collection, a follow up.

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kevin Omura
Senior MemberPosts: 1,635Gear list
Like?
Re: My camera collection, a follow up.
In reply to GeraldW, Dec 6, 2012

Hi Gerald, that is the big factor isn't it. Whether the camera feels right or not. I'm a firm believer in that factor, have too used too many cameras that were a struggle to work with and that translates out into pix that might not have been as good as they could have been.

KEH is probably the one camera store in the US that I still have not been able to get to. We used to make fairly regular trips to Chicago and NYC to visit the shops there for view cameras and darkroom parts many years ago and KEH was always on my Shutterbug watch list but for some reason we just never got there. And to top it off my brother in law was working in Atlanta and a very good friend of mine teaches at SCAD in Savannah yet somehow I kept missing my chance to visit the store even though I've been through Atlanta on business and when travelling in the southern states.

I'm sure your wing at KEH is quite spectacular! (Just kidding).

Hear you re the Pro1 I have two in my collection and I think for me it's the funkiness of the zooming system that I can't warm up to though I use it a lot when I'm messing around with InfraRed pix and filter packs.

I've never owned the FZ150 so can't say what my preference would have been but my shooting style fits well with the faster zoom so for me it was the right choice.

Anyhow good luck to you with your purchases!

Kevin Omura's gear list:Kevin Omura's gear list
Canon EOS D60 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Canon PowerShot G6 +46 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow