I feel ripped off by Nikon 1 system

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lee Beasley
Senior MemberPosts: 2,306Gear list
Like?
Re: I feel ripped off by Nikon 1 system
In reply to v1fan, Dec 6, 2012

Not at all. I've had my J1 for about a year, and the V1 for just a few months shy of that. In that time, I've used them both for hundreds (or thousands) of pictures of my grandchildren that I probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise because I wouldn't have felt like hauling out the DSLR for spontaneous "here and there" quick grab shots. Many of them are priceless. So, no, I don't feel like I wasted my money at all. I've really come to love them for their ease of use and simplicity. They're small and lightweight, and one or the other of them is always in my hand when the kids are around.

I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade them for the time being. I think they're perfect for my use just the way they are. I just count all the money I didn't spend on the latest and greatest cameras and lenses this year, and I figure I've come out way ahead. Except for my Pentax WG-1 which gets dunked and banged around in the swimming pool all summer long, I can't think of when I've had more fun shooting with any other camera.

Lee Beasley's gear list:Lee Beasley's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow