ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nick Carrigan
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
E-PL5 vs OM-D Color Saturation
Dec 6, 2012

OM-D users,

Is there a setting on the OM-D with regards to its default color saturation level?

I have really been struggling to decide if I really need to upgrade right now from my E-PL1.  I love everything about the E-PL5 but since it's still new I don't see that much talking about it yet.  It looks to be a winner (and arguably just as good as the OM-D) in terms of picture quality.

What I find interesting, is that from the JPEG view in DpR, you can clearly see the OM-D has actually gone a bit softer on its color saturation level especially with yellow.  Blue seems a bit richer on the OM-D so may be they pushed it that way instead of a deep yellow.

Compare the E-PL# and XZ-1 and the difference will jump out.  Also, compare a Canon or Sony for even a lower level of saturation.

I actually prefer the rich color of the E-PL series but if I can tweak that in the interface of the OM-D then I might consider the extra cost.  Otherwise, I may stick with the richer tones of the E-PL cameras.

Thanks!

Nick Carrigan's gear list:Nick Carrigan's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow