Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 471Gear list
Like?
Re: Links to LensRentals articles
In reply to Arash31, Dec 6, 2012

Arash31 wrote:

[...]

The hope here is that they would actually calibrate it to perfection! In my case I ended up with a bunch of lenses that needed plus calibration of +12-15,and +20. When I asked they satheir I can fix it myself with the ad fine tune then is within their acceptable range!!!!!

Yeah, that's kind of odd to me.  One apparently well-regarded camera center say they can fjix either the camera or lens (whichever is the problem) without fine tune.  And others Nikon repair centers are reported to say there's no problem use fine tune or if the problem is within + - 5 then it's "within tolerance."

For pictures of people on a very narrow DOF, if you can't focus on, say, someone's eye it kind of ruins the whole effect and you just end up with a soft focus or you go to a smaller aperture and lose bokah.

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow