Any signs of a Nikon 24-70 f/4 on the horizon?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Questions thread
A Owens
Senior MemberPosts: 2,150
Like?
Re: Any signs of a Nikon 24-70 f/4 on the horizon?
In reply to Windancer, Dec 5, 2012

Windancer wrote:

A Owens wrote:

Given that Canon has recently introduced a, F4 with VR, I would say that a Nikon version is inevitable

Do you think so? I was thinking the 24-120/4 might be enough. Just thinking aloud

Terry

-- hide signature --

Graham Fine Art Photography
http://www.pbase.com/windancer
Remember, it's not the CPU that's in your camera that makes great images, it's the one located about 4" behind the viewfinder that does.
Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended to impart a sense of humor. Given e-mail's inability to carry inflections, tone and facial expressions it may fail miserably in its intent. The sender acknowledges the limitations of the technology and assigns to the software in which this message was composed any ill feelings that may arise.

Yes, I do believe they will. The 24-120 and 24-70 are different markets. It is possible to make the <3x 24-70 a hgher quality optical formula than the nearly 5x 24-120 which is more of a ultility lens. Canon has a 24-105 which the Nikkor 24-120 goes against.

A smaller lighter alternative to the 2.8 zooms with better or equal IQ and decent VR has become both important and feasible.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow