What to do with £600 any suggestions please?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
TomJD
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Re: Hmmm, body?
In reply to Car629, Dec 5, 2012

Sounds like you already have equipment capable of excellent images for many situations.  I think M.Complex has the right idea (don't spend until you really know what you NEED), but I didn't hear you mention having/using any of the following:

1) circular polarizing filter..... absolutely essential for landscape work.  A very good filter can be had for ~$50-60; top-quality will be a bit more.

2) electronic flash..... no lens or body will give you the ability a flash gives you to control the amount and directionality of lighting in your images, and with few exceptions, it is the lighting of a subject that makes an image.  An off-camera flash cord in addition to the flash will give you much more versatility. Learning to work with flash lighting is challenging... wish I could do it!

3) printer, inks, and paper -- how are you viewing/displaying your images?

4) macro photography -- a dedicated macro lens is one option, but you could also get a close-up filter or an extension tube for use with your current lenses as an interim and less expensive approach.

With the exception of the polarizing filter, you could borrow or rent first to try and learn whether these additions are something you would use frequently enough to justify buying your own.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow