D700 vs. D600 dynamic range: shadows and highlights

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,372Gear list
Like?
Re: D700 holds its own, small differences
In reply to Theodoros Fotometria, Dec 5, 2012

D700 top photo D600 bottom photo

I have both a D600 and D700 I like them both but for different reasons.

But if I wan't hassle free shooting  and a camera that works well with all my lenses and focusses  spot on everytime  as well exposure, I would take the D700.

I bought the D600 based on the ability to be able to crop tighter and still have a good image left, this is does wonderfully. I's just at times I find  that the  focus and exposure  are not  quiet up to par  compared to the D700.

I'm just posting a photo the top photo taken with D700 and the bottom one taken with D600 , I used the same lens and  exposure  settings on both cameras. I used  single point focus and I focussed on the fern in the back of the photo.

With the D700 both background and the tree in the foreground  are pretty well in focus for f8 with the D600  the foreground has much more blurr to it., this happens at times and I don't know why.

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D600 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow