NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
D Cox
Senior MemberPosts: 8,401
Like?
Re: NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?
In reply to ShinyFace, Dec 5, 2012

ShinyFace wrote:

Read the artist's biography on

http://www.phrasikleia.com/

to get some idea of why her photos are better than most people's.

Do _not_ go rushing out to buy a "better camera". You might consider, if you can afford it, getting one good prime lens.

I appreciate reading about her, that is the inspiration I need

Which prime would offer a completely different experience from the kit lens (or the Sigma 30 because I have that coming in the mail)?

Legacy lens appeals greatly to me, as I learned a long time ago to take pictures on a film 35mm camera and miss the way those lenses feel. I already use manual focus, but if I don't use a tripod will a legacy lens be disastrous? And which are best for compatibility with NEX?

You only need a tripod for the kind of very high detail landscapes that you are aiming at.

90% of shots with a NEX can be done hand held, especially shots of people. The point is that camera movement is the main cause of unsharp images - and OSS only helps a bit.

Something like a 90mm or 100mm lens would be quite different from the 30, and lenses of these lengths from any well known maker will be good.

But I strongly recommend _not_ buying any more gear for a few months at least, while you get to know the camera and the 30mm lens thoroughly.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow