Started Dec 5, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shartzer
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Canon G15 Minimum Aperture
Dec 5, 2012

So I am going on a big trip in a few weeks and I keep considering replacing my S90 for a better compact.  The G15 is high on the list.

I am trying to think of the improvements I would like to see to convince me to replace my S90.  One of the things on top of my list is being able to crank down the aperture.  Strangely I don't see this specified anywhere.  Lots of great information on the maximum aperture at all different focal lengths but almost nothing on minimum aperture.

This is important to me for some landscape shots where I want everything in focus and most importantly for motion blur.  I take a lot of pictures of race cars and waterfalls, often in very bright settings.

The S90 cranks down to f8.0.  There are several occasions where I wish I could crank it down more.  Would help convince me to get a G15 if it cranks down even lower.

Other cameras I am considering are the Fuji XF1 and X10, Sony RX100, and Lumix DMC-LX7.

Any comments?  Thanks

Sam

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm XF1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow