Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aman74
Senior MemberPosts: 2,786
Like?
What DP2M noises are normal?
Dec 5, 2012

Just received my DP2M (couldn't pass up the recent sale) and was wondering what noises are normal. There is some noise during AF. I wouldn't have thought much of it if I hadn't seen reports on here and the web that say it should be almost silent. I saw the report by Steve Huff about his noise concerns and others saying that his most definitely has something wrong with it because of how quiet there's is. I guess part of the noise could be a "whirring", but to me it's not loud. There's also a slight grinding noise, again, not too loud and the reports about the NEX and m43 versions of this lens all seem to say that a slight grinding is par for the course. I don't know if that applies to the DP2M version as well?

Also, during manual focusing there is a repeated light clicking noise when turning the right to the left, but not to the right.

Did you receive a software CD with your camera? The manual states it should be included, but another piece of paper in the box that talks about the software states that it's not. They really need to work on their documentation. It's inconsistent and the translation is awful.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully this is all normal and I can get started using this baby.

Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow