ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sdh
sdh
Regular MemberPosts: 168
Like?
P7700 lens cap
Dec 5, 2012

I bought a P7700 recently (initial impressions post to come once I spend some more time with it).

But something thing that disappoints me initially is the lens cap. I appreciate that the lens front element is probably too big for a self-covering mechanism, but I rather wish Nikon had used a push-on cap (and one that pushes off automatically via lens extension).  And why on earth is there not a tethering loop?  I just find the tiny clip on cap unnecessarily fiddly and it screams DSLR lens wannabe. (Note that I'm not at all knocking the lens itself!)

But anyway, I got to remembering that years ago, I shot with an APS film point and shoot which had a big-ish lens and no automatic cap (and actually no provision to even mount a cap). (It was a Minolta Vectis 40, if anyone's wondering.)  I still have this camera and the lens is in perfect shape, despite being inserted, stored, and removed to and from a case w/ the lens bare.

So my question is, would you think it crazy to just go capless, assuming the camera is used with a good clean case with soft inner surface?

Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow