Pentax will replace my k5 sensor.

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Meuh
Meuh Senior Member • Posts: 2,732
Pentax will replace my k5 sensor.

So after some time emailing back and forward with Pentax (not the support centre) they have told me to send the camera in for repairs.
The repair will consist of a sensor replacement, seems silly to me as a firmware fix to load the pixel mapping data would solve the problem and a new sensor could just mean more/less stuck pixels in different places.
Anyway I will be notified when they have a sensor in stock and reserved so I can send it away.
I did ask since they are replacing the sensor if they could put one in one without an AA filter, I figured it was worth a try ;).
Now I just have to figure out how to be without my k5 when the repairs are being done, I do have a gx10 the but the high iso isn't so good, same with my gf1.  If I had the cash I would grab a k30 for the current price in the uk (around £310) but sadly can't afford it and while I could try sell the gx10 or gf1 to fun it I would rather give them to my son than for the little money the body's only would fetch.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 Samsung GX-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow