G15 - do I miss the advantage of a pop upflash?

Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Walter Schütz
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
G15 - do I miss the advantage of a pop upflash?
Dec 5, 2012

Is there any advantage having a popup flash? I don't see any... It foprced teh engeneers to move the exposure compensation, further it's a moving part that may break...

Well it's a fast way to switch the flash on or off - a function I use a lot on the 4 way dial of my G12. I often wished I would have a special button for that! But not a popup flash...

In contradiction to most opinions I think the cascaded dials for exposure compensation are not a featue to run for: The mode dial is moved so much to the front, that it is likely to be inadvertedly operated when you pocket the camera.

The probabilty of having the mode switched whenever I unpocket the camera favours me to purchase a new G12 (broke mine yesterday) instead of a G15.

My prefered layout would be as it used to be in the G12 (and others before) with an additional  button to turn the flash on or off (could be a fuction of the shortcut button, but I would prefer an own button).

Further the camera would have a GPS receiver and a connector for an external micophone or - even better - a receiver for an optional wirelss mic!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow