NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
GingerBread
Regular MemberPosts: 372Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?
In reply to ShinyFace, Dec 5, 2012

ShinyFace wrote:

Legacy lens appeals greatly to me, as I learned a long time ago to take pictures on a film 35mm camera and miss the way those lenses feel. I already use manual focus, but if I don't use a tripod will a legacy lens be disastrous? And which are best for compatibility with NEX?

You should be able to hand hold the shorter focal lengths without any problem, after all, the Sigma 30 is not stabilized, nor are a lot of the 50's used on crop sensors from other manufacturers.  The issue of camera shake is certainly possible with any lens if your shutter speed is too slow, but I don't have too much trouble hand holding my 135mm FD so long as I am careful about technique and shutter speed.  Unlike my Minolta Rokker 200mm without a monopod or tripod, though, really shows how shaky I can be.  I like that lens a lot better on the OMD due to its IBIS.

-- hide signature --

Ging

GingerBread's gear list:GingerBread's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow