string cheese
Senior MemberPosts: 1,773
Like?
Re: "Looking very relaxed, Adolf Hitler on vibes.. (nice)"
In reply to Barrie Davis, Dec 5, 2012

Barrie Davis wrote:

JulesJ wrote:

string cheese wrote:

In my life (pun intended) The Beatles, Rubber Soul out get the nod.

After that it's Jethro Tull, The Who, Traffic, and Procol Harum. The Brits definitely have the market cornered in this area.

-- hide signature --

We're all Bozos on this bus

For real Brit, how about the Bonzo Dog Doo Da Band? They were the first band I saw live and the first album (Gorilla) I ever bought. So you could say they set me off on my rock music taste path so to speak.

Yes. I rated the Bonzo Dogs pretty highly. I have them on my Spotify.

Saw 'em live, too, at Ealing Town Hall... (the local technical college's do). I even spoke briefly to Neil Innes... I think he was probably on his way to the loo.... and was able to tell him the Bonzos were ...

.... "not just a group, but a whole entertainment."

I've even got a photocopy of the original handwritten sheet for their classic "The Intro and the Outro..." Sadly, "written" is an overstatement. The sketchy outline might have been sufficient for them, given their accomplishment, but it's also a scrawl; useless for anyone else to play.

And you do realise that, for the recording, it really WAS Eric Clapton on ukelele..[??]

Hmmm... I was very sad when I learned the circumstances of Viv Stanshall's death...

(Ah! I mentioned Hitler there, but I think I got away with it!)

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Baz
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no ORDINARY time travellers!"

Roy Rogers, on Trigger.

-- hide signature --

We're all Bozos on this bus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OMGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow