Fotodiox Adapter for Nikon any good?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,987Gear list
Like?
Re: Fotodiox Adapter for Nikon any good?
In reply to Al Valentino, Dec 5, 2012

Yes the G type will work with both G and AIS lenses. The only automation with (any of) these 3rd party adapters is that which is in the camera body - shutter speed and auto ISO - you set the aperture on the lens or adapter (this is stop-down metering so focus first if stopping down). You shoot manual exposure or aperture priority. Focus is manual using the 3x or 10x magnification of the focus rectangle (push in the control wheel and turn a click either way). There is no communication between camera and lens.

I personally do not expect to use legacy lenses longer than 135mm f2.8 (200mm equiv). Occasionally I may use my 180 f2.8 but with either a monopod or tripod since I find critical focusing while supporting the lens and adapter with the same hand rather difficult.

Vic

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow