How do I chose a good budget desktop computer?

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Questions thread
jamesdak
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,827
Like?
Re: How do I chose a good budget desktop computer?
In reply to calson, Dec 5, 2012

calson wrote:

I bought a top of the line HP tower business class with Intel i7 processor, AMD video card, 6GB RAM installed, USB 3, 1GB Ethernet, 750GB hard drive, onboard support for RAID, and 3 years onsite support for $800. You can save by getting a i5 processor instead of the i7 and by starting out with less RAM but be sure the PC will support 8GB of RAM on the motherboard and that it comes with USB3 and 1GB Ethernet and 802.11n supported.

Where I would not go is to a second tier computer with terrible tech support like Dell, Asus, and the white box computers. No reason not to go with a top tier company like HP or Lenovo and get great service. Stay away from the refurb units and I would stay away from Windows 8 which offers no performance advantages and distinct support disadvantages.

LOL, Just to add to the confusion, I would not recommend HP but would Dell.  My Dells have been totally reliable while my HP has not.  Funny how we see things differently based on our own experiences

-- hide signature --

Long live the HMS Beagle Critiques always welcome!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow