Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thubleau7
Contributing MemberPosts: 516
Like?
Interesting comments by National Geographic photographer
Dec 5, 2012

Jason Edwards a National Geographic  freelance photographer made an interesting comment or tip in a recent preview on Foxtel.

Shooting Cheetahs that had been rescued from owners, he was sitting in one of their cages taking shots of the cats while the cat in question grabbed him by the head and began licking his bald patch, I might mention at this point that the Cheetah had been declawed and had its carnivours removed.

But the fascinating thing was this, he had one of his flashes wrecked by the cat and then commented on what settings he uses in dim conditions.

Normally shooting at 100 ISO he suggested that 640 ISO plus 1/13th of a second was quite suitable for what he was doing.

The reasoning being that the lower shutter speed gives him increased depth to his colours where  as a higher speed tends to wash colours out.

I thought for sure he would have opted for a high ISO but there you go he knows a lot more than you or me.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow