Slightly different question about Zeiss

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leon Obers
Senior MemberPosts: 2,788
Like?
Re: Slightly different question about Zeiss
In reply to fft81, Dec 5, 2012

I have no Zeiss lenses, but compared many "normal" photography test shots of different focal length. I noticed the more high micro-contrast in general. Not all fast lenses I found them that good in comparison to longitudinal chromatic aberration at more open aperture settings. E.g. in spite of a very nice bokeh, I think the 35mm/1.4 has lot of this LoCA that I find annoying. Other lenses (not that fast) seems to render very nicely.

At last Photokina however I tested the new Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 2/135 at the Zeiss stand.

I was totally flabbergasted by the quality, by the lack of LoCA, natural colour rendering, bokeh, sharpness, contrast, micro-contrast even wide open. I can not prove and have no comparison or evidence by other lenses from the few test shots, but I dare to say that this lens shall out-resolve any other lens in this focal lens of any brand. It is better than their famous Makro Planar 100mm/2.0 (I tested to at Photokina). By the APO design has better qualities for LoCA + CA, and do have a better colour clearness wide open.

A must have for every serious professional photographer.

-- hide signature --

Leon Obers

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow