MisterPootieCat wrote:

brianj wrote:

MisterPootieCat wrote:

brianj wrote:

MisterPootieCat wrote:

brianj wrote:

MisterPootieCat wrote:

mailman88 wrote:

.....Agressive Sony built the RX100 and everyone (competition) will catch-up in 2013.

I figure Canon is on drawing board right now to match Sony's RX100. Canon will trump the RX100, with the same spec's and...cheaper!

Chasing the RX100? When I saw that the RX100 battery has to be charged in the camera via USB my first thought was: What R-tard came up with that idea. Personally, I think Sony is the one playing catch up. And at $650 a pop they face an uphill battle. Some will rush in and tell us the RX100 has a fast f1.8 lens and conveniently omit the fact it drops to f4.9 at the 100mm limit.

Doesn't the S100/110 drop to about f5.0 also?

The S100 drops to f5.9 at the long end, is wider at the short end (24mm vs 28mm), and currently available on Amazon for $250 new. The S110 sells for $400, still a deal compared to the RX100 at $650.

The prices in Australia for the rip off canon gear are no where near as good as what you are showing when you compare retail stores prices for S110 and EX100.

Probably right, I don't live down under. Retail stores are always higher, even in the US. Is Amazon available in Australia?

Not that I am aware of. Its been interesting to watch the black Friday specials etc that people are showing on the forums, I considered bying an S100 but they don't want to send them here and the workaround is a bit risky for me.

e.g the S110 is about $AU599 RRP when our $ is worth about US $1.04

see details here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/5033986

A check on Amazon suggests they will ship to Australia, but maybe the item has to purchased outside of your country? They mention customs and duty fees might apply. Do you know anyone living in another country? A friend or relative perhaps?

Its too much trouble, with the last attempt it also said it would ship to Australia, and when I got right to the last purchase screen it said it didn't ship there !!!

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
G2X?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
okNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow