Started Dec 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
was there a mandate? please read before you answer
Dec 5, 2012

I find it interesting that the President and his supporters seem to thing that by being re-elected they got a mandate to impose new tax hikes on the wealthy, yet the same voters also voted to keep Republicans in charge of the house so that that they most likely believe that they have a mandate to keep doing what they have been doing for the last two years and block any such tax hike.

Let me be clear I am not asking who is right and who is wrong, and I am also not asking which side you agree with so please lets not get into another debate about those political issues. There are enough threads here about that

I just want to know how either side can think they got a mandate when it is clear that the voters chose both sides - the same two sides that have been unable to work together for the past two years?

seriously think about it - "we mandate that the president impose his tax plan" but we also keep all the people we know will stop it

or

"we mandate that we dont implement the presidents tax plan", but we reelect the president to keep pushing it

I just dont see how either side can think they got a mandate of any kind

so - do you think one side or the other got a mandate and if you do then why do you think the people of this country also voted in the other side to block that mandate?

think about it - Wisconsin voted for Obama for president, but they also voted to keep Paul Ryan as their congress man. If you want Obamas tax plan why would you want Paul Ryan as your congress man knowing full well he will not agree to it?

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow