Anyone switch from G/GH camera to GX1 or smaller PEN?

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Questions thread
Elemental Photography
Contributing MemberPosts: 609Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone switch from G/GH camera to GX1 or smaller PEN?
In reply to bloodycape, Dec 5, 2012

I got into m4/3 with a two camera kit, GF2 and G2. Both were end-of-life sales so I could test the system with relatively little investment. I then used those cameras on a cycle tour and now one of them is with me every time I leave the house. I've just ordered a GX1 to "replace" the GF2 as my portable option and I'm probably going to sell off my Canon kit and pick up a GH3 plus some lenses and flashes to make m4/3 my primary system.

In terms of ergonomics, I generally prefer working with an EVF and articulated screen over a fixed rear screen. If I was only going to keep one m4/3 camera, it would be the G2 (GH3 when I get it).  However, end-of-life sales on these cameras are so good, it feels silly to not keep multiple bodies around for different uses. Indeed, it's the one thing that I never really got out of my Canon kit: the ability to use the excellent lenses on different form factor bodies. I'm sticking entirely to m4/3 primes for now and they are very nice, plus I can decide to go with either ultraportable or robust for the camera body.

After the GH3 purchase, the next dilemma is which camera do I convert for IR!

-- hide signature --

A photograph is a creative interpretation of reality.

Elemental Photography's gear list:Elemental Photography's gear list
Pentax Optio WG-2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow