Running or similar photography with Nex-7??

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,497
Like?
Exactly so
In reply to Richard Ettinger, Dec 5, 2012

Richard Ettinger wrote:

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee wrote:

I do a lot of running photography with my big heavy Canon system and it's great for that.

This weekend I'm going to Budapest as my daughter is running in a big championship.

It would suit me much more to bring my nex-7 with me. I've a newly acquired 50mm f1.8 for it.

Has anyone identified settings which suit this kind of photography with the Nex-7??

With the Canon I can get about 80% of shots in sharp focus..

YOu can make this work if you know how to use manual focus and stop down to f8 or lower. you'll need to figure out what area you want in focus and then manually dial that in and lock it.

Don't auto anything.

-- hide signature --

Canon 40D. Canon 50mm f1.4, canon 135mm 2.8/soft focus, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 24-105L. Sony Nex-7.

Sorry Richard, I gave a similar reply and hadn't read your earlier response. And you can also use auto focus by prefocusing to your chosen point. By picking the point in advance, the photographer usually gets better shots as the point can be chosen with composition in mind.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow