NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
FuzzyQball
Senior MemberPosts: 1,328Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?
In reply to ShinyFace, Dec 5, 2012

Hi,

I moved from the fz-28 to a 5n, and have never looked back.  You definately want to zero out the exposure compensation.  I don't think ISO200 is causing the issue.  Sharpness and low light capability are far better on the nex series.  Noise is much lower at all ISO values.  I also found that the rarely got the histogram right, and I had to adjust levels.  Dynamic range on the nex cameras is far superior.

I am wondering if the real issue here is more a case of how Sony adjusts colour as opposed to Panny, although the Panny had pretty bland colours if you did not tweak it.  Did you override some of the contrast and coulor settings on the fz?  There was adjustments buried in the menu of the fz.

This really comes as a surprise to me.  My son and I go shooting together and he was using a Nikon D series, and I was using my fz28.  I was always disappointed in the noise, detail, and sharpness of my pictures next to his, and now it is the other way around.  

would like to help you more, but I am having trouble understanding why you feel the pictures are inferior.

-- hide signature --

Glenn

FuzzyQball's gear list:FuzzyQball's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow