"Exposure Fusion" really makes the SX50 HS stand out...

Started Dec 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
R Johns
Senior MemberPosts: 1,813Gear list
Like?
Re: "Exposure Fusion" really makes the SX50 HS stand out...
In reply to Coyote_Cody, Dec 5, 2012

Hey John / Cody, sorry for the delayed response...

Well, for me, it's a good thing that they appear similar, in the sense that I strive to reproduce the original tone of a scene. That is really hard to do with multiple exposures, compiled with HDR or Tonemapping, at least for me. I like the Exposure Fusion process, because it does not leave halos or "strained" tones. It just appears natural...

If you scrutinize the single image against the EF'd (multiple exposure" image, you will notice much more color detail and better signal to noise ratio in the EF'd. You won't see much improvement in the DR, because this really isn't a high DR scene. I might have mentioned it previously that I like to capture multiple exposures, not just to get improved DR, but to also improve the Color Bit Depth and SNR of an image.

The differences might be subtle, but if you find yourself boosting shadows, or recovering highlights and adding saturation, then you may have a compelling reason to at least try the EF process. You can download a free version of EnfuseGUI and all you need to do is drop in your multiple exposure files, click "Enfuse It" and wait for it to kick out your new file. You can then take the "enfused" file into your favorite PP'g software and season to taste...

If you decide to give it a try, please come back here and post the results...

Regards,

Russ

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow