Opinion needed...

Started Nov 30, 2012 | Questions thread
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,146Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinion needed...
In reply to snay1345, Dec 5, 2012

snay1345 is correct about the use of a red filter.  Back in the days when we shot film, I would often have a yellow filter on my lens as it gave some detail to the sky, and contrast to my subject.  I had a red filter, and if I was shooting a landscape with big fluffy clouds in the sky, the red filter would bring out the clouds, and turn the sky black.  Now I shoot digital, and start with a raw file and get the best color image I can and only then move to Silver Efex Pro.  On the right side of the screen you have 18 different film types that copy what you might get if you used that film.  There are also color filters that you can use to see what that would do for your image.  I really like the program and am looking at my site going almost all b&w.  But it was a good question, because I don't think lots of the people today have ever shot with film, and don't understand how those filters worked or why or when to use one.

www.photosbypike.com

this was taken in uptown Charlotte during the Democratic National Convention using the G3 with a 14mm lens.  P.P. was done using LR3, Color Efex Pro 4, then converted into b&w using Silver Efex Pro.  The Rep are coming to Charlotte in Jan and I hope to take some during their even as well.  There is even some talk of their Nation Convention being held here in 2016.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow