Any tips for shooting an event?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
gammada
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: Any tips for shooting an event?
In reply to Lawrence Keeney, Dec 5, 2012

Lawrence Keeney wrote:

I have photographed a number of corporate events and parties. Each one was so different as far as ambient lighting, reflective surfaces, etc. that I believe it is almost impossible to give specific advice that would fit all circumstances.

What I would suggest is see if you can get access to the venue prior to the event, and maybe even take some test shots so you will know what equipment you will need for the job.

If you use speed lights, I suggest you bring lots of charged batteries. I suggest you try and shoot with only one speed light and have the second one loaded with new batteries so you can make a quick switch. It would be nice of you had someone to load the first one with new batteries for you so it will be ready when you need it. Be aware of your speed lights overheating with rapid shooting. This is another reason for having the second one ready when you need it.

-- hide signature --

Definitely following your advice on using a single flash and a lot of spare batteries. Thanks for dropping this!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow