Leica M...new sensor...so what about wide lenses and red shift ?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
porrsha
Contributing MemberPosts: 610Gear list
Like?
Re: Leica M...new sensor...so what about wide lenses and red shift ?
In reply to Dr. Ulrich Rohde, Dec 5, 2012

Dr. Ulrich Rohde wrote:

Interesting discussion,
I have used 16mm, 18mm, 21mm as well as 28mm, 35 mm ,50mm and 75mm with my M 240 I have for evaluation from Leica. 
Are these all R lenses or M's?Next week there will be more M 240 made available to official testers.
This has to be one of the coolest and most exclusive test job on planet earth!I have been impressed by the sharpness of lenses in this range, I like the 50mm/1.4 best,even the 35mm/1.4 both latest design, the 50mm/0.95 is somewhat exotic but gives good results.
For me the more correct colors of the M 240, the lower noise, even at ISO 6400, the R lenses with adapter and LV help ( electronic viewfinder) makes it difficult to go back to the M9. The movie ability I have not tested. I will be a disaster as a move make !
This comment led me to wonder if all the lens are not R that you tested.I will hate the moment when I have to return the loaner and have to wait for the finished product. It will be worth the wait many fold. 
I have been waiting very patiently for an answer to the discontinued R with 8 MP.In about 2 weeks I will post some M 240 convincing pictures
I send some info to DPreview but got no response.Thank you for keeping us up to date!
 porrsha's gear list:porrsha's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica M Typ 240
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow