The cheapo effective 1,650 mm 5.6 tele (Q + adapter + Tamron 70-300 and other lenses)

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
John Cal
Regular MemberPosts: 307Gear list
Like?
Re: The cheapo effective 1,650 mm 5.6 tele (Q + adapter + Tamron 70-300 and other lenses)
In reply to Rosember, Dec 5, 2012

Rosember wrote:

John Cal wrote:

Amazing good shots of what the Q can do. Is the Pentax adapter any better than 3rd party adapters? What do you recommend?

Thanks for the inspiration.

Regards

Thanks, John. I think the Pentax adapter is better, yes. Mostly, because of its ability to fully control aperture on DA lenses (without aperture ring). Also, I guess, it is better built - but I never had one in my hand (and the quality of my own adapter is decent, though not excellent).

Is it roughly 200 Euro/US$ better? Well, not for me. Keep in mind that diffraction limits set in somewhere between f/4 and f/5.6. Thus, most of the time you will use your lenses more or less wide open. And that I can have for 40 Euro.

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your thoughts can you tell me the brand of your converter? A cheap one would do me for now looking at your results.

Cheers

John Cal's gear list:John Cal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 Pentax K10D Pentax K-7 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow