I Need Advice to Make a First Print

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Larry Silverberg
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
Re: I Need Advice to Make a First Print
In reply to Stacey_K, Dec 4, 2012

Stacey_K wrote:

My advice? Give Qimage printing software a try.

It makes doing any of this printing stuff very simple/brainless, it upsamples to the printers default max resolution automatically for you, makes managing printer profiles and color management simple as well as doing multiple prints on the same page etc.

There is a 14 day free trial. I know I sound like a shill for this software but I have been using the older version for a decade and I really love it. I saw a noticeable improvement in my prints when I started using it and it's so easy to use.

The only other advice I have is once you find a paper you like the feel/surface finish etc, spend the money to have a custom printer profile made for -your- specific printer/paper. The generic online ones they have are not even close IMHO to the results I get using the profile I had made. I always get perfect colors and the prints look exactly like what I see on my monitor, more saturated colors, better blacks etc. The print I now make at home look much better than any I have gotten from professional labs.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

oh well, it's windows only

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow