Canon should buy BlackBerry

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
jaydubbs15
Contributing MemberPosts: 611
Like?
Re: Canon should buy BlackBerry
In reply to DWare, Dec 4, 2012

DWare wrote:

I don't think it would be a wise move. There's too many OS for various photo-computer phones now and profit margins are so low that sales would have to be huge. At this point, I believe it would be too much of a hurdle in trying to revive BB's RIM and it's closed, proprietary base isn't appealing . If Canon were to dabble toes in the market with a photography emphasis, which might be a good decision in looking how things are evolving, probably best to go with the open, linux based droid system.

Yes, that might be preferable.  I thought that if RIM could be bought for the right price then it might be worthwhile.  There is something unique and attractive about BB's.  I like it mostly for its raised keyboard and speedy email response times.  But unless BB' vastly improve with the new launch in January I will trade in my BB for another phone.  Hopefully, I'll find one with a decent raised keyboard for email/text use.

Jay

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow