Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 471Gear list
Like?
Re: AF fine-tune still comes in handy
In reply to eNo, Dec 4, 2012

eNo wrote:

[...]

That is good for all those camera-lens combinations they will calibrate. Now you get a new body (I have 3!) and/or a new lens... are you going to send them all back?

I hope to keep these for a while but shipping wasn't that expensive.  If I only have to do this once it'll be worth it.  Out of focus really bothers me.  What's the point of having a great lens if you can't take full advantage of their narrow DOF?  I hope the problem is body and that future lenses will not be so far off.

But yes I agree fine-tune is a great, even indispensable tool.  I was concerned on the zooms that fine tune might be okay for one focal length and not the other and thus wanted the lens "fixed" if there was a problem.  It's a bit of a quandary what to do but I'm trying this route.  I'll still have the fine-tune route for adjustments as well.  Going to be interesting to see what they come back with.

[...] Let's remember perfection is not attainable with gear, just acceptable tolerances

Easy for you to say with your nice photos 

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow