Holy RX1 Sensor Defect

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
DFPanno
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,009Gear list
Like?
I don't agree and here's why:
In reply to Hughesnet, Dec 4, 2012

This camera represent a very, no, make that exremely, high end product for SONY.

It would seem to me that they would ramp up production very, very slowly to make sure that the earliest units were blemish and defect free even if it meant selling them at cost.

This is a boutique/halo product that SONY hopes will profit them financially and reputationally.

Particularly in our networked age it is critical to get the basics right and having what looks like a piece of granite on/near the sensor doesn't speak to that.

One incident can easily become "I heard they were filled with garbage like the D600".

There is no right or wrong to this.  Everybody has their own standards.

My standards are such that I think it's an embarrasment.  For better or worse that standard has allowed me to enjoy a lifestyle that I would not have otherwise had.

And yes, that includes being able to buy $3,500.00 RX1 as a mere hobbiest without having to justify my purchase.

Hopefully for all concerned it will be a single isolated incident that will quicly be forgotten when the deluge of beautiful images hits this forum.

Peace and out.

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow