YongNuo rf-603C Flash Trigger Synch Speed

Started Nov 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ranalli
Contributing MemberPosts: 836
Like?
Re: YongNuo rf-603C Flash Trigger Synch Speed
In reply to JerryG1, Dec 4, 2012

JerryG1 wrote:

Just received my $37/pair triggers from Amazon and am happy to say they are working to trigger my Canon 430EX flash on my 5DII.

I have not done much testing yet, but I did find that my maximum sync speed is only 1/160.

Has anyone else using this camera and flash with the YongNuo trigger found a different (faster ) synch speed?

The flash mounted directly on the camera synchs at 1/200, and YongNuo claims up to 1/320 synch speed, so I'm wondering why I'm only getting 1/160?

JerryG

My galleries at:
http://www.pbase.com/jerryg1

I use them with my Nikon D700, SB700s and some cheaper Yongnuo flashes.  It seems sometimes I can get up to 1/200 but sometimes I just start to get the black bar creeping in a little...not sure why the inconsistency.

I would be nice to have High speed sync and TTL but at the price those other companies charge for that I'll pass at this point.  Frankly, since I'm full manual all the way I could stock up these triggers, use a much cheaper Yongnuo flashes(which aren't bad) and have tons of backups.

Really no complaints so far.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow