Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm vs the 12-50mm E-M5 kit lens @ 12mm - anyone?

Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,444Gear list
Like?
Numbers may be fine but
In reply to Sosua, Dec 4, 2012

I've found with the kit 12-50 mine has been an outstanding performer in all regards. I don't even think anymore, that I'm using an inferior lens, as the results speak for themselves. Unless you're cropping heavily or printing posters I find no need to spend huge dollars on another prime that doesn't have the versatility of the zoom. I've had a ton of pro lenses in my day but frankly this little kit lens has NOT left me wanting. I WILL mount the 45mm f1.8 if I'm doing a paid portrait job, but that is mainly so I can blur the background more. I use the kit for group portraits all the time with excellent results. Also for walk around landscape work I can't think of another lens I want to mount on it. Sure if you blowing things up big time and corner surfing you may have some minor issues, but on the whole if it's in print it's not a big deal. Most folks here look for ways to spend more money. I'm strictly into results and honestly the kit delivers for my output purposes, and it's NOT lacking sharpness or uniformity (at least on my copy). This kit lens has to be THE favorite lens for folks to hammer on. I think its a brilliant design AND execution.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow