Bjorn_L
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,048Gear list
Like?
Re: Glasses, how do you deal?
In reply to Jasonsmom, Dec 4, 2012

Jasonsmom wrote:

Bjorn_L wrote:

Jasonsmom wrote:

So my vision is really bad without glasses. I have walked into walls:-P.

I consider myself very lucky in the fact that with glasses I am corrected to 20/20 vision.

The correction is so strong that it distorts my close up vision & am now wearing no line bifocals.

Without glasses I can see 3 1/2 to 4 inches in-front of my face.

Well I just started taking pictures with new DSLR. With my glasses I can see OK through viewfinder (after I adjusted diopter). But, then I have problems seeing the screen of what I've just taken. I'm trying to figure this out.

Anyone else out there have this problem? Have you found any tricks? This kinda sucks, as I'm getting a headache really quickly.

I am far sighted but I can use the diopter adjustments to make the viewfinder very clear. With my glasses on I can see the rear LCD just fine. But I use the viewfinder since the rear screen results in an unstable shooting platform and using it reduces image quality unless I am using a tripod.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Tried, but the diopter doesn't come close to allow me to see through it without glasses. When asked to read the lowest line on the chart - I say "what chart".

Well that is an issue.  Do you have single plane reading glasses?  Odds are those would aide you in using both the veiwfinder and the LCD.  But my point with the previous post was not that I can use the VF without glasses but that I choose to use the VF even though I can see the LCD (albeit with glasses) just fine.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow