Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
abritton76
Regular MemberPosts: 202
Like?
A99 video test
Dec 4, 2012

I was asked to start a new thread on this so I am as I think the other 2 are best forgotten anyway. I didn't set out to prove anyone right or wrong with this post - just to show what the a99 video looks like and let people make there own mind up. I admit I was concerned before making this video and having read the previous threads about what the quality would be like.

https://vimeo.com/54868459

Unfortunately the weather here is horrendous and blowing a gale but there was a break in the rain to get some quick footage in.

I wasn't trying to capture nice looking shallow DOF shots but rather just landscape footage with a wide DOF. I believe the footage looks very good and definitely pretty sharp. In post it sharpens up more if wanted. But i believe it looks easily on a par with stuff coming from the d800 or mkIII  which also needs sharpening in post. (not saying the a99 really needs sharpening though).

Overall I am very happy with the results and next time will post a video showing what it really can do with a bit more style:)

Aliasing is evident on things but that is known already.

Regarding noise not too bad either but I am coming from the a57 so that makes sense.

I have to say I am very surprised at the people who are not happy with the video performance.

https://vimeo.com/54868459

www.limelight-films.com

There is a small mistake towards the end. The wide shot is a minolta 20mm 2.8 not 50 1.4 as stated.

Bear in mind some quality is lost due to compression on vimeo too.

Thanks.

Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow