NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,186Gear list
Like?
Re: Here's what I'm guessing you like...
In reply to ShinyFace, Dec 4, 2012

OK - then that helps.  Definitely try the settings above I listed.  The only difference in my own settings vs those I recommended to you is that I keep sharpening at -1 and saturation at -1 in Vivid mode, because I tend to like to add any sharpening in post processing rather than in-camera, and sometimes I like to keep the saturation a little more subdued.

Most of the examples I posted were ones with those settings, and in post-processing, I tended towards a little deeper saturation.  The shot of the paddlewheeler boat at sunset is actually an in-camera HDR photo - most of the others were with DRO set to Auto.  Two cameras are represented there - the NEX3 and NEX-5N - the F3 should be quite similar to the 5N with the same settings.  Most of those were with the 18-55mm kit lens, though there are some manual lens shots mixed in, and one or two with the 55-210mm eMount lens.  So it's not really lens-dependent - in your case, I think it's going to be more about getting the camera set up to deliver the type of output you prefer.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow