NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
Alphamale77
Regular MemberPosts: 240Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?
In reply to ShinyFace, Dec 4, 2012

see I don't like these landscape shots at all, forget the composition, it's more the overall feel, texture, etc...not all milky and smooth, three dimensional, and polished, do you know what I mean? If this is all the Sony is capable of in landscaping, maybe I bought the wrong camera for my needs.

What you are asking for is the Panasonic Jpeg + Processing engine in your NEX, everyone has a different taste, so does different brands. Nikon and canon won't produce the exact picture under the same setting, and each have their love/hate groups.

If you are used to the Panasonic "look" your best bet is to start learning raw, and find out how you can adjust the raw file to that "look" and save it as your presets.

The F3, and other raw capable apsc cameras of this generation would all be able to produce the image you want, but you need to process them. It's like asking for the Fuji color on Kodak film...you might be able to get it, just need more post process.

even the next gen Panasonic might produce a different jpeg according to "your liking", there is always minor changes.

Please don't use the meter on the panasonic as a reference for the F3, again, every manufacture does their metering a little different, if you read the recent thread about comparing Nex7 and OM5 (again), one of the members showed how the OM5 defined ISO lv is different from the actual measured ISO level in the real world.

In the end, be happy and shoot jpeg out of panny if it is to your liking, other wise, you can get what you want, but you gotta work for it, all jpegs were born from raw, just in cam or post process.

good luck shooting.

edit: read this, http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3346690, you need to understand the different DOF, metering, ISO setting other than the creative setting when comparing aspc senor camera, F3 to smaller sensor camera.

Alphamale77's gear list:Alphamale77's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow