Is X-E1 AF really better than XPro-1 ? Did anybody compare them with the same lens ?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,079Gear list
Like?
Re: Is X-E1 AF really better than XPro-1 ? Did anybody compare them with the same lens ?
In reply to seukel, Dec 4, 2012

There were videos out showing that both had the same AF speed before the X-E1 was released. They are basically the same innards with differences such as OVF on one a better EVF on the other with a slightly worse LCD. As regards picture taking and leaving aside the viewfinder issue they are as good as one another. Built quality is little different and both are pretty good in that respect too. Until this thread began I'd not heard of any mention of one being faster than the other - even Fuji say they are the same - I did wonder if the OP was trolling but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

The real problem is those that own one or other camera can feel defensive. There is no need for either to feel that way. IMO,  XP1 owners got a little more for their money but XE1 owners got a wayyyy better deal. Many XP1 owners are or will be buying an XE1 to have 2 bodies.

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow