Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohnBee
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,932
Like?
Sony changes Full Frame roadmap...
Dec 4, 2012

Does anyone remember the announcements made earlier from Sony Rumors regarding Sony's upcoming FF models? Well as it turns out, none of that is going to happen now. Apparently... Sony wants to focus on setting itself apart from competition rather than taking part in the mainstream race for dividends.

Having said that, apparently, there are no camera's in queue for announcement as of yet. However, it would appear as though Sony's next FF cameras will be radically different from we are seeing with the A99. IOW. There is no A99 replacement in view, and when something does come along, it won't be anything like what were seeing now.

SOURCE: http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-complete-change-on-the-sony-full-frame-roadmap/

-

Whatever the case, it sounds to me like Sony has backed-out from their original course which maybe due to their financial state. Or... perhaps they just want to motivate more people into buying the A99 rather than waiting it out. To which I'd add, I was somewhat planning on doing myself(just to see what was coming up).

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow