ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edward Rauschkolb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,031Gear list
Like?
Fuji Software for Mac
Dec 4, 2012

Hi,

I just received my XE-1 kit and was going to install the software, but noted that it is only good for Mac OSX 10.5 or 10.6.  As I am running Lion (10.7.5), there appears to be no software available for Mac.

I also use a 4/3 system (E5/E1 + lenses), micro 4/3 (OMD + lenses) and Leica M9P and manage all of the files on my iMac with PS/LR

I am aware that PS/LR/Aperture really do not support raw processing for the Fuji sensor, so now am I only limited to using the camera body itself as a processing engine.  While I do not love raw  processing, I would like the opportunity to both raw process and to use the Fuji Film simulations OOC (out of camera).  This is especially true considering the rather poor rear screen on the XE-1.

I do maintain a Win7 virtual machine (VMWare Fusion) to run various programs that run only on Windows.  These are largely old programs (WordPerfect, etc) and I would rather not go this route. Is there really no software provided by Fuji that will run on OSX 10.7 or 10.8.  Am I missing something here?

I love the feel and images from the camera, but this appears to not make a lot of sense.

Thanx in advance,

Ed

Edward Rauschkolb's gear list:Edward Rauschkolb's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Leica M9-P Olympus E-M1
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow