Bag recommendation for OM-D

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
D Lynch
Senior MemberPosts: 2,669Gear list
Like?
Shooters Bag or Storage?
In reply to JohnBGood, Dec 4, 2012

It's great we have choices.

I like Domke. But others don't. That's ok. I'm a bagoholic. Only because the right bag makes it easier to get the photos I want to take. (Used to have a photo business--portraits, weddings, sports photography.)

I had a Retro10 and sold it...heavy, and I didn't like the raincover. However, most others really like the bag. It seemed to me that I was carrying my whole photo office on my shoulder. While I didn't like that, others see that as an advantage. (Put the raincover on a Retro bag and I had to shoot with my P&S that wasn't in the bag...why carry the dslr?)

But there's a place for heavy messenger bags. I just bought a Pro Messenger 200AW. It will be a work related messenger bag. Likely have a camera in it too...And when I visit the rug rat relatives, I'll take it and not by Domkes. It's so heavy the rug rats won't be able to pick it up.

And the raincover is much easier to put on...on the LP Pro Messenger. If only the bag was lighter...;)

Bags are like boats. Buy just big enough and in no time you need the next size larger.

-- hide signature --

DaveL
Toronto

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Nikon D300S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow