NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
ShinyFace
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Re: NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?
In reply to Lightshow, Dec 4, 2012

I'm thinking that it's either the lens characteristics you don't like, or the camera's color settings, so... try a different lens, it's possible the Panny lens was warmer with more contrast vs. the Sony, try setting a different WB, and you can always add a touch of contrast, saturation, & sharpening in post, among other things.

Yes for sure! Warmth is an issue, and I have been trying the "Custom" WB setting for each shot with some good results already....plus have ordered a new lens (Sigma 30mm, considering the 19 as well).

I am going to try all of these tips (yes I have been paying attention) including raising the f-stop for smaller aperture, using center metering, and playing more with the HDR (which honestly does give the richest textures, I can see that).

I will practice more, I know that is the key. Thing is, I must have my chops ready in 2 weeks because I will be in Rio, Patagonia, Antarctica, and even Easter Island. I want perfection

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow