NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
Lightshow
Senior MemberPosts: 2,534Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?
In reply to ShinyFace, Dec 4, 2012

ShinyFace wrote:

Personally, for landscape I use a combination of RAW + bracketing, and I use the technivk of exposing to the right (brighter). I set exposure compensation to +0.7 and bracket so I get 3 exposures. One the one the camera thinks its the correct, another at +7 and a final one at +1.4. At home I choose the bigger one that doesn't clip highlights and process it. It takes more time, but I like it. Also makes me more careful I don't snap as crazy.

Probably this is already too much for you. I would tell you to right now change the exposure compensation for sure, and to play with it to understand it. And play with auto HDR. And in the future consider RAW. Thats all!

I will try these things, I have already been shooting RAW but lack good software at the moment, and my computer is sluggish so difficult to process RAW anyway

I'm thinking that it's either the lens characteristics you don't like, or the camera's color settings, so... try a different lens, it's possible the Panny lens was warmer with more contrast vs. the Sony, try setting a different WB, and you can always add a touch of contrast, saturation, & sharpening in post, among other things.

Lightshow's gear list:Lightshow's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow