NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?

Started Dec 4, 2012 | Questions thread
ShinyFace
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
Re: NEX-F3 frustration--is this related to ISO 200?
In reply to D Cox, Dec 4, 2012

D Cox wrote:

Having used both NEX and Panasonic TZ cameras in a wide variety of lighting, I don't think there is much difference in the general look of pictures from the two types of camera, used without "creative settings", in good light. The contrast and colour saturation are much the same.

What you do notice is that the Panasonic images are more noisy in poor light, and lack the fine detail you can get from a NEX with a good prime lens. All as you would expect from a much smaller sensor.

That's too bad about the lack of difference in the good light, I was hoping for some improvement there, as I was also not crazy about the Panasonic in bright light and landscape. But I know you are correct, it is what my eyes tell me when I compare by photo sets. You are also correct about the reduced noise overall with the Sony, at least there's that. And my telephoto shots with the Sony are better at the same end of the long range.

I've ordered the Sigma 30mm, maybe I will get better results with it. I am considering the 19mm as well. Being a sharpness freak will avoid the 16mm, it's not a bad lens if you like a softer feel but the pix I see from it are not sharp or vivid and that is my preference.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow