Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KAllen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,751Gear list
Like?
Safari WTF?
Dec 4, 2012

The last version of Safari I thought was pretty good, I could see no place for an upgrade. But it looks like I followed the upgrade button and got one.

It's gone from a sensible intelligent program to a pastiche of something good.

If now I press command N, this page slides of the screen and a new one appears. Once a new screen would automatically have the address box active, now I have to click in it and that is if I don't first have to make it appear. But what is really driving me nuts is that if I now need to go back to the first screen, I have to find it. And that is not always possible, I click on the symbol top right to find the screen and as often as not I get nothing back.

I fail to see how this version of Safari is better than the previous one, in fact I can't see how it's as good as any internet portal since day one as it vanishes screens I'm using.

I dare not go from the screen I'm using because chances are that's the last I will see of it.

I've checked preferences for some magic button, but to no avail. Somewhere I believe there are a lot of screens hiding on my Mac, half finished replies I've opened a new page for to check information only to find the original has vanished never to be found.

Kevin.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow