Started Dec 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
schaf
Contributing MemberPosts: 706
Like?
New D90 User - Indoor/Outdoor EV, Firmware
Dec 4, 2012

My dad recently gave me a very lightly used D90 (850 shots) and have a couple of questions for those using a D90 after he purchased the D600.

What exposure compensation (if any) do you typically use for indoor and outdoor shots? Having just come from using a D80 and also using a Canon S90 I am accustomed to using -1/3 EV for typical indoor shots and -2/3 EV for outdoor shots to keep highlights in check. After a bit of experience with the D90 it appears this sensor does a much better job with the highlights than the D80 or S90 and may not need quite as much exposure compensation as I am accustomed to applying. I do shoot only RAW.

Earlier this week I downloaded and installed the lens distortion update but have been unable to locate any A or B firmware updates so I am at 1.0 on both. I am curious if there simply has not been an A or B firmware update released.

The D80, given to me a couple years ago from my dad with only 2800 shots on it at that time, is now going to my daughter. This will be her first DSLR and she is THRILLED. She maintains a food blog and her little Nikon S570, while a great little P&S, is just not cutting it for her.

Thanks in advance,

Schaf

Canon PowerShot S90 Nikon Coolpix S570 Nikon D600 Nikon D80 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow