How often do you actually print your work? and how?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,643
Like?
Re: How often do you actually print your work? and how?
In reply to lukep, Dec 4, 2012

This is an interesting question in this day and age, since a printed image is no longer the only way one can view and enjoy a photo.

I print about 15 images a year, 12 of which become part of a calendar I make every year for my wife for a Christmas present. I have a Canon Pro9000 II, which does a very good job -- although I'm by no means convinced it is any better than my Canon 6700D.

I also print a number of 2x2 sheets of 5x7's (or thereabouts) for use on cards.

However, I by no means feel a printed image is a "final validation." I process 50-100 images every year for display on a digital frame that we keep in the kitchen and several other playback devices for TVs in various rooms. With these, we have a constant show of images that would otherwise simply stay stored away on some computer disk.

If you use a digital frame, allow me to recommend the Sony. It's LCD has a far better gamut than others I've tried. If anyone knows of a frame with a particularly good gamut, I would appreciate knowing about it.

-- hide signature --

gollywop

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow